WE HAVE MOVED TO: 624 Farnham Road Gibsons BC
15% discount on all supplies that are required for our classes. Buy your supplies for guild classes or classes held at other quilt shops and get the 15% discount. Classes must be current or in the future only, bring the supply list to qualify for the discount
Scrap Happy & Patchwork Crazy
Join the Club!
We meet every Sunday except Statutory Holidays.
We will try many different successful scrap-busting, fast quilt-making techniques to use up all our growing fabric scrap pile. This class is very casual and intended to be fun. Start now! Sort your scraps into groups: Such as Batiks or regular cottons , baby style/colour, masculine and feminine colour groups. Prepare to share your stash!
Sunday: 11am – 3pm
Drop-in Fee: $5 each Sunday starting September 17th
SUCCESSFUL FREE MOTION QUILTING
This class is for the following types of quilters:
I have never free motion quilted, ever. I have tried a few times, but no success. I have taken a Free Motion Class, but lack confidence to tackle a special quilt. I am self-taught, need a few pointers. I can free motion quilt but am not satisfied with some of the results. I want to build my confidence. This class starts at the beginning, assuming you know nothing about free motion quilting. There are many tips for successful free motion quilting. Combine all the tips and you will notice your confidence build!
Saturday February 18th
Class Time: 10am – 4pm
Class Fee: $48.00 Pick up supply list
Free Motion Quilting with Rulers – Intermediate
Let’s ADD RULER WORK to our repetoire! If you have some Free Motion Quilting experience, this intermediate class is for you. You should have taken at least one free motion quilting class (or are self taught) in the past and are ready to hone your skills. Rulers are a great way to perfect “in the ditch” quilting, “navigate around corners”, perfect “channel quilting” and make consistent shapes such as curves and circles. Do not be intimidated by the description, this class is FUN for novices.
You must purchase a “RULER FOOT” and RULER SET before class
Friday February 17th 10:00am – 4:00pm
Class Fee: $48.00 Pick-up supply list
How would you like to learn all the fundamentals of Quilting? Accurate cutting, seaming, quilting & finally, binding the edges. Each step along the way you will learn the tricks to success. The tips and techniques you’ll learn will make you a confident quilter!
The first quilt in the series is called Easy Big Blocks. This terrific quilt (42” x 52”) will show off your “Focus Fabric” surrounded by coordinating fabrics. You’ll even make a pair of matching pillowcases.
Four Thursday Nights: Feb. 16th, 23rd, March 2nd and 9th
6:00pm – 8:30pm
Class Fee: $79.95 plus materials (maximum class size: 6)
(Receive a 15% discount on all materials required for classes)
Sampler Quilt – Intermediate Quilt Making
You’ve learned the fundamentals of machine piecing & quilting and now it is time to move onto new techniques.
Join Mary for a five-session course that introduces you to the “Sampler Quilt”. Learn new patchwork techniques, making a different traditional block in every session. You choose the quilt size.
Class Fee: $89.95 includes textbook of 25 assorted Sampler Blocks
Five Wednesdays 6:00pm – 8:30pm
March 23rd, 30th, April 6th, 13th, 20th
Stitch + Dye = Serendipity Quilt
In this two-day workshop, we will approach dyeing from a different angle.
Day one: piece together a quilt top using assorted undyed, natural fibre fabrics, cotton, bamboo, linen, rayon and silk. Day two: stitch some more and in the afternoon it is time to dye the pieced quilt top.
All dyes will be ready to apply to your quilt. No mixing, no buckets, no masks, no measuring, no prior knowledge required. A “Low Immersion dyeing technique” will be employed to make a multi coloured quilt top. Simply apply the dye, wait and Voila! You will go home with a gorgeous one of a kind quilt top ready to quilt.
Saturday & Sunday April 22 & 23rd 10:00 to 4:00 and 10:00 – 3:00
Class Fee: $115.00 includes dyes. Pick up supply list
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ OUR POLICIES
Class Registration Policies
- Registration is accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Class Fees and Kit Fees are required at the time of registration. (some kit fees are payable to the teacher)
Registration will be accepted:
- by phone (VISA or MC); or
- in person (VISA, MC, cash, debit)
- 5% GST will be added to all class fees
- Class Fees are non-refundable; two weeks notice is required for class transfers
- Minimum Class size: Four, unless otherwise specified
- In the event that a class is cancelled at Carola’s Quilt Shop, all registrants will be contacted and offered a full refund or an alternate class, your choice of course.
- Pick up your supply list when you register. Purchase your supplies before class unless your supply list indicates otherwise. Prepare as requested on the supply list.
- Confirm that the class will run before purchasing supplies
- Please purchase your supplies at Carola’s Quilt Shop to help keep classes running. You will receive a 15% discount on supplies purchased for our classes.
- Bring your sewing machine or serger in good running condition, complete with instruction manual and accessories.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before class start time.